PyCut testing on XO

This week, we began work on the design of PyCut. During FOSS hours this past Tuesday, we reviewed our Design Docs and then proceeded to sketch some of the scenes. For our first milestone, We settled on a start screen with a start button that takes you to the game screen.

Although milestone one is not the full fledged game, I decided to give it a go and install it on the XO to see how it looks. It turns out that the sizing of the game is completely off when it is run on the XO as an activity. I also ran an older game which fit perfectly into the Activities screen.

While I do not see this to be a great problem at the moment, it will be something that we will be working on fixing as we progress in the project. I think that I have an idea of what the issue might be, but I can't be certain until it is fixed. The priority for now is to have a working game, and in the process re-adjust to fit XO needs when possible.

*hfoss weekly update